Shelly has more than 15 years of experience counseling corporate clients in a range of legal areas including acquisitions and dispositions, capital raises, fund formation, commercial finance, private equity, joint ventures, succession planning and a full array of bankruptcy and creditors’ rights services. She has built a robust practice by providing sound legal advice combined with exceptional client service.
Having been recognized among the top five percent of bankruptcy and creditors’ rights attorneys in Ohio, Shelly is uniquely positioned to counsel clients through sophisticated distressed investment transactions. She often advises clients on acquiring assets through Article 9 sales, from bankruptcy estates or through the procurement of a target entity’s debt.
Shelly serves as outside general counsel to the bulk of her corporate clients in industries such as business intelligence, financial advisory firms and asset managers, entertainment/sports broadcasting, hospitality, logistics and manufacturing.
Shelly represents publicly traded real estate investment companies, prominent real estate funds and REITs in complex real estate transactions involving the purchase and sale of commercial property, lease negotiations and landlord-tenant disputes.
Additionally, Shelly represents tier one commercial, real estate and floor plan lenders in loan origination, loan restructuring and workouts, asset seizures, foreclosures and bankruptcy actions.
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law (J.D., 2003)
- John Carroll University (B.S., 2000)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers®
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars Edition, 2012-2018