Sara focuses her civil litigation practice primarily on tort litigation, with an emphasis on product liability, wrongful death and construction defect cases. Sara also has e-discovery, commercial litigation, and real estate litigation experience.
Sara’s experience in tort matters spans both state and federal court, including single-plaintiff and mass tort actions. She has defended clients in wrongful death matters stemming from negligence and product liability claims, and in negligence actions involving catastrophic injuries. Sara’s product liability experience includes representing manufacturers and suppliers of prescription drugs, medical devices, consumer products, chemicals and component parts.
Sara graduated in the top five of her law school class with a litigation concentration, pro bono honors, and 11 CALI Excellence for the Future Awards®. While in law school, Sara taught and mentored law school students as a teaching assistant for first-year legal research and writing. She also served as an associate notes editor on the Capital University Law Review and as a judicial extern to the Honorable Jeffrey S. Sutton of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
- Capital University Law School (J.D., summa cum laude, 2017)
- Litigation Concentration
- Pro Bono Honors
- The Ohio State University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2014)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Columbus Bar Association
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), Product Liability Steering Committee, Co-Chair of Online Communities; Young Lawyers Steering Committee; Co-Chair of Online Programming
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America®
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award® in Legal Research & Writing I & II, Torts I & II, Contracts I, Evidence, Trial Advocacy, General Litigation Clinic, Mediation, Interviewing & Counseling, Divorce Mediation
- Brian A. Freeman Memorial Scholarship Award for Excellence in Constitutional Law
- Capital University Women Law Association, Mentor, 2017-present
- Legal Aid Society of Columbus, Volunteer, 2014-present
- Columbus Bar Association, Barrister Leadership Program, Class of 2018