Russ is a senior associate in the firm’s Litigation practice in Pittsburgh. He focuses his legal work in commercial litigation, creditors’ rights litigation and election law. In state and federal court, Russ has experience in all aspects of litigation, from initial evaluation of potential claims to appeals.
Russ has worked with businesses in the construction, financial, health care and retail industries. He brings litigation experience in title and warranty claims, bankruptcy, fraud/breach of contract actions, insurance coverage and professional liability claims, and is experienced in conducting corporate and internal investigations. His election law practice focuses primarily on voting rights and redistricting cases.
Actively involved in the legal community, Russ serves as a duty officer for the Professional Ethics Committee of the Allegheny County Bar Association. He has volunteered his time assisting pro se litigants, pro bono, in the alternative dispute resolution (ADR) process through the Allegheny County Bar Association Federal Court Section’s pro se ADR program for the Western District of Pennsylvania. Russ has also served as co-chair of the Professional Liability Subcommittee of the Pennsylvania Defense Institute.
Before entering private practice, Russ served as a Judicial Law Clerk for the Hon. Ronald W. Folino in the Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County.
- University of Colorado School of Law (J.D., 2005)
- University of Notre Dame (B.A., magna cum laude, 2002)
- West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Professional Ethics Committee, Duty Officer
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute, Young Lawyer of the Year, 2016
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®, Rising Star, 2011-2014
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish, Pastoral Council
- Montour Youth Soccer, Coach
- Notre Dame Club of Pittsburgh, Member
- Knights of Columbus, Member