As a partner in the Pittsburgh office and co-chair of the firm’s Election Law practice, Ron focuses on complex and commercial litigation surrounding misappropriation of trade secrets and intellectual property, elections law disputes, breach of restrictive covenants and other business competition matters, partnership and business owner disputes, contract and warranty claims, creditor’s rights and fraudulent transfers, estate and fiduciary liability, insurance coverage, real estate and oil and gas title disputes, and telemarketing and online marketing. For over 32 years, Ron has appeared in trial and appellate state and federal courts and before arbitration and mediation panels throughout the Atlantic Coast and Midwest. Ron further serves as an arbitrator, an early neutral evaluator and an e-discovery dispute Special Master for the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Ron also represents LGBTQ+ business owners and other clients across numerous industries, serving as outside general counsel. In this role, Ron advises clients on general corporate matters and business transactions, including entity formation and operation, contract review and drafting, document retention and destruction, Internet and social media policies and procedures, and intellectual property matters including trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and warranty/policy issues.
Ron’s robust practice in election and political campaign law spans over 25 years. Ron has represented local, state and federal Republican candidates in Pennsylvania. In addition to serving as general counsel for candidates and political committees, Ron handles a variety of election law disputes, including election contests, ballot recounts, nomination objections, and absentee and provisional ballot challenges. Since 2004, Ron participates and plans Election Day Operations, and he regularly trains on Pennsylvania election processes and procedures. Ron serves as the Deputy Solicitor for Western Pennsylvania for the Pennsylvania Republican State Committee and the Solicitor for the Republican Committee of Allegheny County, and he is the current Vice President of Election Education and a member of the Board of Governors for the Republican National Lawyers Association (RNLA). In 2018, RNLA awarded Ron with 2018 Robert J. Horn Chairman’s Award for his nationally distinguished service in protecting the honesty and accuracy of U.S. elections.
Ron has an AV Preeminent® Rating from the Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating Program. He is also listed in Best Lawyers® in the area of Commercial, Bankruptcy, Construction, Intellectual Property and Real Estate Litigation, selected to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® List, included in Who’s Who in American Law, and named to the Order of the Barristers.
- Wake Forest University School of Law (J.D., 1987)
- Pennsylvania State University (B.A., 1984)
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County, Diversity Committee
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Civil Litigation Section, LGBT Rights Committee, Committee for Diversity & Inclusion, Appellate Practice Committee, Court Rules Committee, Political Action Committee, Finance Committee, Women in Law Divisions Gender Bias Committee
- Allegheny County Bar Foundation, 2016 Fellow
- Republican National Lawyers Association, Board of Governors, Vice President Election Education
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Republican National Lawyers Association, 2018 Robert J. Horn Chairman’s Award
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®
- Best Lawyers®, Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Bankruptcy, Litigation – Construction and Litigation – Real Estate
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent
- Who’s Who in American Law®
- Order of the Barristers
- Three Rivers Business Alliance, Board of Directors, President, 2017 – present, Steering Committee, 2017 - 2019
- Penn State University College of the Liberal Arts Alumni Society, Board of Directors, 2012 – 2017, Mentor, 2010 - 2015
- Penn State Alumni Association, life member
- Pennsylvania Society, member
- Republican State Committee, Deputy Solicitor for Western Pennsylvania, 2017 – present, Commonwealth club, member
- Republican Committees of Allegheny County and Pittsburgh, Solicitor, 2012 – present, Committeeperson Pgh. 3rd Council Dist. Ward 17, 2004 - present