For more than 33 years, Ron has handled complex and commercial litigation in trial and appellate courts at the state and federal level, as well as before arbitration and mediation panels throughout the Atlantic Coast and Midwest. As a trial and appellate lawyer, his litigation practice focuses on claims involving misappropriation of trade secrets, intellectual property disputes, breach of restrictive covenants, business competition matters, partnership and business owner disputes, contract and warranty claims, creditors’ rights and fraudulent transfers, estate and fiduciary liability, insurance coverage, real estate title disputes, oil and gas litigation, and telemarketing and online marketing matters. He is member of the Allegheny County Academy of Trial Lawyers and serves as an arbitrator, an early neutral evaluator, and an e-discovery dispute Special Master for the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Ron also represents LGBTQ+ business owners and clients across industries, often serving in an outside general counsel role. He advises on general corporate issues and business transactions, including entity formation and operation, contract drafting and review, document retention and destruction policies, internet and social media matters, and intellectual property concerns including trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and warranties.
Finally, as co-Chair of the firm’s Election Law practice, Ron has represented local, state, and federal Republican candidates and political committees, serving as their general or litigation counsel. For nearly 30 years, Ron has handled a variety of election law disputes, including election contests, ballot recounts, nomination objections, absentee, mail-in and provisional ballot challenges, and other pre- and post-election litigation. In addition, he has planned and participated in Election Day operations for more than 20 years, including for the previous five presidential campaigns, and he regularly provides training on Pennsylvania election processes and procedures. He is the solicitor for the Republican Committee of Allegheny County and has previously served as a deputy solicitor for the Pennsylvania Republican State Committee. He is the secretary and a member of the Board of Governors for the Republican National Lawyers Association (RNLA). In 2018, RNLA awarded Ron with the Robert J. Horn Chairman’s Award for his nationally distinguished service in protecting the honesty and accuracy of U.S. elections.
Ron has an AV Preeminent Rating from the Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating Program and is listed in Best Lawyers® in the area of Commercial, Bankruptcy, Construction, Intellectual Property and Real Estate Litigation. He is selected to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® list, included in Who’s Who in American Law and named to the Order of the Barristers.
- Wake Forest University School of Law (J.D., 1987)
- Pennsylvania State University (B.A., 1984)
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
- Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County, Diversity Committee
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Civil Litigation Section, LGBT Rights Committee, Committee for Diversity & Inclusion, Appellate Practice Committee, Court Rules Committee, Political Action Committee, Finance Committee, Women in Law Divisions Gender Bias Committee
- Allegheny County Bar Foundation, 2016 Fellow
- Republican National Lawyers Association, Board of Governors, Secretary
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Republican National Lawyers Association, 2018 Robert J. Horn Chairman’s Award
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®
- Best Lawyers®, Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Bankruptcy, Litigation – Construction and Litigation – Real Estate
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent
- Who’s Who in American Law
- Order of the Barristers
- Three Rivers Business Alliance, Board of Directors, President, 2017-present, Steering Committee, 2017-2019
- Penn State University College of the Liberal Arts Alumni Society, Board of Directors, 2012-2017, Mentor, 2010-2015
- Penn State Alumni Association, Life Member
- Pennsylvania Society, Member
- Republican State Committee, Commonwealth Club, Member
- Republican Committees of Allegheny County and Pittsburgh, Solicitor, 2010-present, 2003-2008, Committeeperson Pgh. 3rd Council Dist. Ward 17, 2004-present