As an active member of the firm’s Government Relations team, Ronnie advocates for clients in the legislative arena. With over a decade of experience working in the Ohio General Assembly, Ronnie understands the importance of building a case outside the courtroom.
Having served in various senior staff positions including budget director, policy director and most recently as deputy chief of staff, Ronnie brings considerable knowledge of the inner workings of the state’s legislative and budget processes.
He has fostered strong relationships with key legislators and staff, as well as executive branch officials, through the years and believes in a collaborative approach to effective lobbying.
For seven budget cycles, Ronnie did the “behind the scenes” work in the legislature, which offers essential insight into effective operations of state government and enhances his ability to be successful in achieving clients’ objectives. His experience includes advocating on a variety of issues ranging from healthcare reform to fiscal policy to economic development to regulatory reform.
Ronnie is one of only 25 lobbyist in Ohio certified by the Ohio Lobbying Association for the 2021-2022 General Assembly. The certification is reserved for government relations professionals who possess in-depth knowledge of legislative, executive and regulatory procedures along with the rules, regulations and ethical standards to which all lobbyists must adhere in Ohio.
*Ronnie is not a lawyer and does not provide legal advice.
- The Ohio State University (M.P.A, 2004)
- The Ohio State University (M.A., 2005)
- Northern Arizona University (B.S., 2002)
- Certified Lobbyist, Ohio Lobbying Association, 2021 General Assembly
- Children First, Inc., Board of Trustees, Treasurer 2013-2021; Parent Trustee, 2013-Present
- Saint Joseph Montessori School, Board of Trustees, 2015-2021; Board Treasurer, 2016-2019; Board Vice President, 2020-2021