Rob represents clients in all major environmental programs, including Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Superfund, solid and hazardous waste, emergency planning and agricultural issues.
He has extensive experience negotiating with both state and federal environmental agencies on regulatory issues and enforcement matters.
Rob’s practice also focuses on assisting clients with environmental considerations in real estate and business transactions, including drafting and reviewing commercial leases, asset purchase agreements and other commercial transactions. Rob also represents coal and industrial mineral companies in both regulatory and enforcement matters. Prior to joining Porter Wright, Rob worked for the Ohio Attorney General’s Office, representing the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency and the Ohio Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Underground Storage Tank Regulations where he was the principal in-house counsel working on underground storage tank issues for the state of Ohio.
Rob chairs the Porter Wright Environmental Law practice and is listed in The Best Lawyers in America®. He is also named one of Ohio’s leading environmental lawyers by Chambers USA.
- University of Washington (LL.M., 1995)
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D., 1993)
- University of Virginia (B.A., 1990)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
Honors & Awards
- Chambers USA, Natural Resources and Environment, Ohio
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Environmental Law; Litigation - Environmental; Water Law
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars, 2005-2007