Randi focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation and arbitration, including complex insurance coverage disputes and reinsurance matters. She has handled matters concerning allegations of nondisclosure and misrepresentation, contract interpretation, ownership of common account reinsurance, direct access to reinsurance proceeds by policyholders, number of occurrences, contractual and statutory obligations regarding security, and compliance with actuarial standards of practice. She counsels clients on coverage issues, claims handling, and contract wording issues, including the drafting of settlement agreements and commutation agreements.
Randi serves as one of the co-chairs of Porter Wright’s annual Women in Reinsurance program, is a vice chair of the Excess Surplus Lines and Reinsurance General Committee of the American Bar Association’s Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section and is a member of the Publication Committee of AIRROC.
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1996)
- Franklin & Marshall College (B.A., cum laude, 1993)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- American Bar Association, TIPS Excess Surplus Lines and Reinsurance General Committee, Chair-elect
- AIRROC, Publications Committee, Member
- Chicago Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers®, Insurance Law
- The Legal 500 United States, Insurance (Recommended Attorney)
- Wigmore Scholar