Mike represents employers in all major areas of labor and employment law. His practice includes defending employers in discrimination and wrongful discharge litigation. Mike also represents employers in collective bargaining and arbitration cases. He advises on OSHA, COBRA compliance and affirmative action. In addition to his clients in the private sector, Mike represents several municipal government employers for labor negotiations, public-sector union representation matters, and civil service law issues.
In addition to his employment law work, Mike handles public accommodation claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act, including cases concerning website accessibility. He presents training sessions for human resources professionals and managers designed to give practical, effective approaches to minimize legal risk and improve employee relations. He also serves as a frequent presenter on various employment law topics for seminar and industry/management groups and is a regular contributor to employment law blogs and publications.
Mike was a contributing editor to "How Arbitration Works," Elkouri & Elkouri Supplemental Update, and to "The Developing Labor Law," BNA Books, Cumulative Supplement.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1980)
- University of Pittsburgh (B.A., cum laude, 1976)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Chambers USA, Labor & Employment, Ohio
- The Best Lawyers in America® Employment Law - Management; Labor Law – Management; Litigation – Labor & Employment
- Ohio Super Lawyers®
- Gahanna Parks and Recreation Foundation, Board Member
- First Congregational Church, Personnel Committee Chair
- Traynor Halfway House, former Board President