Prior to joining the litigation department at Porter Wright, Megan managed complex commercial litigation for financial institutions. Her experience included handling portfolio litigation matters for a Fortune 500 financial institution throughout the United States, which included consumer claims arising from mortgage foreclosure, auto loans, trust matters and retail banking. She has defended claims of wrongful foreclosure and violations of federal financial statutes, and helped her clients navigate issues involving loan modification and tender. Further, she is uniquely familiar with state consumer protection laws in frequently-targeted jurisdictions such as California, where she is admitted to practice and regularly appears.
Megan previously served for nearly a decade with the Civil Division of the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Western District of Pennsylvania as an assistant United States attorney (AUSA). In her role, Megan led a significant caseload of civil actions involving the United States and/or its agencies and officers, many of which were pending in federal district court and bankruptcy court. Her areas of concentration included employment discrimination, medical malpractice, bankruptcy, torts and civil rights cases. Her government experience also includes serving as a law clerk to the Honorable Donald Ziegler in the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Prior to her service at the U.S. Attorney's office, Megan was an associate at an AmLaw 100 firm where she assisted in developing case strategies in complex and multi-party commercial and product liability cases in state and federal courts.
- The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 1995)
- Pennsylvania State University (B.A., with high distinction, 1992)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- American Inn of Court
- Federalist Society
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America®