Matt has represented clients in the technology, real estate, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, consumer services and distribution industries. He has experience in public and private equity purchases, dispositions and mergers, asset purchases and dispositions and ownership reorganizations. Moreover, Matt has experience forming start-up companies and drafting initial documents for corporate and other limited liability entities, along with managing the contractual relationships of those companies with their employees and initial customers and suppliers.
Counseling clients through corporate transactions, Matt advises individuals and companies regarding offerings of securities, ’34 Act compliance, blue-sky laws, broker-dealer rules, corporate governance, and fiduciary duties.
Matt advises health care organizations with regard to commercial contracting as well as structuring business relationships that comply with the Stark law and federal and state anti-kickback laws.
He also has experience negotiating complex technology and information services license agreements and development agreements, including subscription as a service, platform as a service, and hosting agreements.
In law school, Matt was a managing editor of the Ohio State Law Journal.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2015)
- The Ohio State University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2012)
- Columbus Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch, Corporate Law, 2021
- The Ohio State University, Public Service Fellow, 2015
- The Ohio State University, Michael E. Moritz College of Law, Charles W. Kettlewell Professional Responsibility Award, 2015
- Phi Beta Kappa, 2011