Matt is an associate in the firm’s Corporate Department, practicing in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate and securities, health law and tax.
He has experience in many areas of transactional law and has represented clients in the real estate, financial services, manufacturing, consumer services, distribution and technology industries. Matt has experience in public and private equity purchases, dispositions and mergers, asset purchases and dispositions, ownership reorganizations and tax credit financings.
Matt advises individuals and companies regarding offerings of securities, ’34 Act compliance, blue-sky laws, broker-dealer rules, corporate governance, fiduciary duties, as well as tax consequences to individuals, partnerships and corporations. Additionally, Matt has experience forming start-up companies and drafting initial documents for corporate and other limited liability entities, along with managing the contractual relationships of those companies with their employees and initial customers and suppliers.
Matt advises health care organizations with regard to commercial contracting as well as structuring business relationships that comply with the Stark law and federal and state anti-kickback laws.
In law school, Matt was a managing editor of the Ohio State Law Journal.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2015)
- The Ohio State University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2012)
- Columbus Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- The Ohio State University, Public Service Fellow, 2015
- The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law, Charles W. Kettlewell Professional Responsibility Award, 2015
- Phi Beta Kappa, 2011
- United Way of Central Ohio, Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA), Volunteer, 2012-2016