Mark has more than a decade of experience helping clients create estate plans that not only carry out their wishes, but also protect and preserve their assets for generations to come. Building strong and lasting relationships with his clients is important to Mark, and he understands that when clients come to him for estate planning, they must share deeply personal information.
Mark focuses his practice on matters associated with estate and tax planning, gift planning and wealth transfer. He uses a range of estate and gift planning techniques to achieve his clients’ long-term goals while strategically maximizing potential tax savings. He works collaboratively with his clients and their trusted advisors including accountants, financial advisors and insurance professionals.
A large part of Mark’s practice involves advising trustees and executors in the administration of trusts and estates. He helps them understand their legal obligations and how to properly implement the decedent’s stated intent. Mark also works closely with heirs and beneficiaries, helping them navigate trust and probate administration as well as understanding their legal rights. When necessary, Mark draws on his litigation experience to assist clients when disputes arise regarding wills and trusts.
- University of Miami School of Law (LL.M., 2010)
- University of Kentucky College of Law (J.D., 2003)
- University of Kentucky (B.A., magna cum laude, 2000)
- North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Supreme Court of the United States
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, Adjunct Professor
- Greater Cincinnati Planned Giving Council, Board Member, Planned Giving on the Run Instructor
- Estate Planning Council of Northern Kentucky, Member and Past President