Luke leads the Sports Law Practice Group. As a non-agent sports attorney, he brings a well-rounded approach to the challenges athletes face at any phase of their career. Working with an athlete’s team of advisors, he provides the essential, objective and balanced counsel necessary to leverage the matter at hand.
Luke regularly advises a range of clients – from student athletes transitioning into professional sports, professional athletes navigating life on a team, to retiring athletes creating the game plan for their life after sports – on matters including marketing contract analysis, immigration issues, investment opportunity due diligence, asset protection, real estate development, brand and mark protection, as well as trust and estates.
Luke is co-executive director of the College Basketball Parents Association (CBPA), an organization focused on educating and providing resources to NCAA college basketball parents. He is also the host of the podcast, Protecting Your Possibilities and leads the educational advisory firm, Anomaly Sports Group.
Prior to joining Porter Wright, Luke served as a legal manager in the mergers and acquisitions area, and director of business development at The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2013)
- Wake Forest University (B.A., 2001)
- Columbus Bar Association, Board of Governors
- John Mercer Langston Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industries
- Sport Lawyers Association
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch, Corporate Law, 2021
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars Edition, 2016, 2019-2021
- Columbus Business First, Forty Under 40
- United Way of Central Ohio, Color Me Excellent Award, 2015
- African American Leadership Academy, Leadership Fellow, 2015
- American Law Institute, Scholarship and Leadership Awards, 2013
- Northeastern Regional Transactional Law Competition, "Best Written Agreement," 2013
- Tulane Mardi Gras National Sports Law Moot Court Invitational, 2nd Place Oralist
- Capital University, Board of Trustees
- Greater Columbus Sports Commission, Board of Commissioners
- College Basketball Parents Association, Co-Executive Director
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Fellow, 2018
- National Youth Advocate Program, Board Member
- Total Image Empowerment (T.I.E.), Board Member
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., Member