Luke is an attorney in the firm’s Corporate Department leading the Sports Law Practice Group. He brings a well-rounded approach to the challenges athletes face at any phase of their career. Working with an athlete’s team of advisors he provides the essential, objective, thorough and balanced counsel necessary to leverage the opportunity at hand.
Luke regularly advises a range of clients – from student athletes transitioning into professional sports, professional athletes navigating life on a team, to retiring athletes creating the game plan for their life after sports – on matters including marketing contract analysis, immigration issues, investment opportunity due diligence, asset protection, real estate development, brand and mark protection, as well as trust and estates.
Prior to joining Porter Wright, Luke served as a legal manager in the mergers & acquisitions area and director of business development at The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company. He leads the advisory firm, Anomaly Sports Group.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2013)
- Wake Forest University (B.A., 2001)
- Columbus Bar Association, Board of Governors
- John Mercer Langston Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industries
- Sport Lawyers Association
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars Edition, 2016, 2019-2020
- Columbus Business First, Forty Under 40
- United Way of Central Ohio, Color Me Excellent Award, 2015
- American Law Institute, Scholarship and Leadership Awards, 2013
- Northeastern Regional Transactional Law Competition, "Best Written Agreement," 2013
- Tulane Mardi Gras National Sports Law Moot Court Invitational, 2nd Place Oralist
- Capital University, Board of Trustees
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., Member
- Greater Columbus Sports Commission, Board of Commissioners
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Fellow, 2018
- National Youth Advocate Program, Board Member
- Total Image Empowerment (T.I.E.), Board Member
- African American Leadership Academy, Leadership Fellow, 2015