A practitioner with more than three decades of experience in corporate, real estate and commercial finance matters, Kirk has built a robust practice focused on resolving issues and achieving results. Kirk advises small and middle-market businesses and emerging enterprises in entity formation and organization, business contracts, acquisitions, dispositions, commercial debt and capital raises.
Kirk also represents commercial lenders, equipment lessors, borrowers and lessees in loan and lease originations, modification, forbearance and other workout matters. He has experience with real estate sales, acquisitions and exchange transactions with an emphasis on hospitality properties and mortgage-loan transactions.
Kirk’s representation of buyers and sellers, landlords and tenants, and lenders and borrowers enables him to recognize and understand a client’s issues and concerns and to provide business-focused and practical advice, no matter what side of a transaction the client finds itself.
Martindale-Hubbell® awarded Kirk an AV Preeminent rating—the rating assigned to only those attorneys who maintain the highest legal skills and professional standards.
- The Ohio State University College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 1988)
- Kenyon College (B.A., cum laude, 1985)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- Greater Cleveland Mortgage Bankers Association
- NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- Turnaround Management Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association