Kaylee is an intellectual property attorney who practices in the areas of patent, trademark, copyright, biotech and technology law. She works with clients on a wide variety of technologies, including food science, chemistry, biotechnology, medical devices, consumer products, product packaging, automotive technology and electrical appliance technology.
Kaylee drafts and prosecutes all stages of U.S. utility and design patent applications, as well as trademark applications with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). She also manages, prosecutes and enforces foreign and international patent and trademark portfolios. Kaylee also handles intellectual property licensing issues and other technology transactions.
In addition, Kaylee is experienced with enforcement of intellectual property rights, including litigation in patent, trademark and copyright infringement matters. She counsels clients on patentability opinions, infringement analyses and validity inquiries, and also handles cease and desist issues.
- University of Illinois Chicago School of Law (J.D., 2018)
- Loyola University Chicago (B.S., 2014)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago
- McHenry County Bar Association
- Illinois Women in Cannabis
Honors & Awards
- UIC Review of Intellectual Property Law, Editor-in-Chief
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award® in Property
- National Order of Scribes, 2018
- Young at Heart Senior Pet Adoptions, Constant Companion