Kathy is a partner in the firm’s Litigation Department and is co-chair of the Election Law practice. She brings more than 30 years of litigation experience with a focus on complex commercial and business litigation including real estate, contract, construction, trademark, securities fraud and environmental disputes.
With nearly 20 years of experience in re-districting matters, Kathy represents clients in the Pennsylvania Supreme Court as well as United States District Courts in both Pennsylvania and Virginia. She has represented the Speaker of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in multiple redistricting matters over the last several years.
A former prosecutor, Kathy has extensive experience conducting internal investigations for both public and private corporate entities and public bodies, including internal investigations conducted under the Department of Justice Corporate Governance guidelines and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency guidelines.
Kathy’s legal background includes serving as a member of the Local Rules Advisory Committee for the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania and being appointed by U.S. Sen. Arlen Specter to the Federal Judicial Nominating Commission for the Western District of Pennsylvania. She was appointed by former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett to The Higher Education Advisory Panel and was appointed by the General Counsel of the World Meeting of Families as a member of the legal team for the visit of Pope Francis to Philadelphia in 2015.
A frequent speaker on a variety of legal topics, Kathy has presented on the unique issues raised in the financial and private business sectors as it pertains to the redistricting law, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Sarbanes-Oxley and the U.S. Patriot Act, as well as corporate officer liability issues.
- Duquesne University School of Law (J.D., 1982)
- Grove City College (B.A., summa cum laude, 1979)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Anne B. Anstine Excellence in Public Services Series, Board Member
- St. Anthony Charitable Foundation, Board Member
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation of Western Pennsylvania, Board Member
- The Heinz History Center, Board Member
- Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Children’s Challenge, Board Member
- La Roche College, Former Adjunct Professor