Jyllian is a senior associate in the firm’s Labor and Employment Department. Her practice focuses on education law, collective bargaining, administrative proceedings, policy advisement and labor relations.
Prior to joining Porter Wright, Jyllian served as legal counsel for Dayton Public Schools. During her time with the school system, she participated in extensive collective bargaining proceedings and counseled the Board, Superintendent, Treasurer and Human Resources department on all employee-related matters. Additionally, she served as the policy liaison and managed additional matters in her representation of the school district. Jyllian’s industry background includes serving as a high school teacher in Orange County, Florida, where she taught language arts and ethics.
Jyllian's background and experience enable her to provide practical and strategic advice to clients with respect to their employment issues, labor relations concerns, education policies and procedures, as well as with collective bargaining matters. She is also a Level 2 Title IX certified investigator.
- University of Dayton School of Law (J.D., 2012)
- University of Central Florida (B.A., 2006)
- Level 2 Title IX, Certified Investigator
- Dayton Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Chair; Community Service Committee, 2014-2015, Chair; Continuing Legal Education Committee, 2015-2016
- The Education Law Association
- Ohio School Boards Association
Honors & Awards
- Public Interest Award Recipient, publication of a peer mediation curriculum utilized in the private school setting, 2010
- University of Dayton, Adjunct Professor