Jeremy is an experience commercial litigator who, for more than a decade, has focused on energy, with an emphasis on oil and gas litigation. His extensive experience in the shale and hydraulic fracturing arena spans the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and includes work in administrative proceedings, state trial and appellate courts, and federal trial and appellate courts.
He represents E&P operators in the Marcellus and Utica Shale plays and frequently speaks at energy-related CLEs and industry trade group meetings. His work on behalf of the industry includes counseling on local zoning ordinances, applications and challenges, defending against lease invalidity claims, defending royalty and failure to develop claims, defending litigation matters alleging contamination and health effects from drilling operations, defending class actions and mass plaintiff actions, pursuing injunctive actions, enforcing access rights, rights-of-way and easements, prosecuting trespass actions against activists, and counseling clients on their obligations relative to government agencies and regulations.
In addition to his work on behalf of the industry, Jeremy represents clients in general commercial disputes in state and federal courts in Ohio and Pennsylvania. He also represents individuals an charitable organizations pro bono, including representing plaintiffs in civil rights litigation in federal court.
Jeremy previously served as a law clerk to United States Magistrate Judge Nancy A. Vecchiarelli in the United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio and to the Franklin County (Ohio) Municipal Court. Jeremy is a frequent author on industry-related topics.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., with honors, 2000)
- Youngstown State University (B.A., summa cum laude, 1997)
- West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Tax Court
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Environment & Energy Law Section Council Member
- Federal Bar Association
- Federalist Society
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Zone 12 Delegate to PBA House of Delegates, Federal Practice Committee, Executive Council Member
- Republican National Lawyers Association
Honors & Awards
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®
- Pittsburgh Business Times, Who’s Who in Energy, 2014-2016
- Youngstown State University Geography Department, David T. Stephens Outstanding Alumni Award, 2017
- Center for Victims, Board of Directors, Audit and Executive Committees, several ad hoc committees 2004-2012, 2019-2020
- Gamma Theta Upsilon, Honorary Member
- Practical Law Company, Advisory Board, 2013-present
- Indian Meadows Homeowners Association, Board Member and Secretary, 2018; President, 2019-present