Javier is certified by The Florida Bar as a specialist in Business Litigation Law. He has represented clients in a wide range of commercial disputes involving construction, real estate, homeowner and condominium associations, intellectual property and trademarks, professional negligence, landlord/tenant, intentional torts, products liability, insurance coverage, and employment litigation in federal and state trial and appellate courts in Ohio, Florida and California. Javier also represents financial institutions in complex creditor's rights matters.
Javier has assisted manufacturers, financial institutions and individuals resolve disputes in Latin America, including Colombia, Costa Rica, Mexico and Peru.
He has also counseled builders, developers, contractors, bio-technological companies, cemeteries and nonprofit agencies in various corporate governance and contract matters. In addition, Javier has conducted internal corporate investigations of potential fraud, malfeasance and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act violations in the United States, Colombia and Mexico for importers, manufacturers and non-profit agencies.
Javier has written and presented on litigation tactics, legal ethics, business law, and international law topics for the American Bar Association, the Cleveland Bar Association, the MicroEnterprise Program of Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida, Inc., the Council of Hispanic Business Professionals and the Thomas S. Biggs Inns of Court.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2005)
- The Ohio State University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2002)
- Ohio (Inactive)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida
Honors & Awards
- Southwest Florida Federal Court Bar Association, Extraordinary Pro Bono Service Award, 2016
- Florida Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars Edition, 2009-2011, 2013-2016
- Gulfshore Business, 40 Under 40, 2014
- Lawyers of Color's Hot List, 2013
- Kaleidoscope Magazine, Cuarenta/Cuarenta Club (40 Hispanic leaders, ages 45 and under), 2007
- Clinical Legal Education Association, Outstanding Student Award, 2005
- The Ohio State University, Outstanding Criminology Student, 2002
- Order of the Coif
- Bonita Springs Area Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors 2016-present; YP Steering Committee Co-Chair 2017-present
- Cancer Alliance of Naples, Board of Directors 2014–2016; Vice-President 2016-present
- Florida Fire Juniors, Academy Assistant Soccer Coach, U.S. Soccer National F License, 2016-present
- Thomas S. Biggs Inns of Court, Member 2008–present; Board of Directors/Treasurer 2016-2017; Board of Directors/Secretary 2017-present
- SCORE Naples, Volunteer Business Counselor, 2011-2016
- Leadership Bonita, Class of 2015
- Collier County Council of Hispanic Business Professionals, 2008–2015; Board of Directors/Vice President, 2013-2015
- Esperanza, Inc., Board of Directors, 2006; Second Vice President, 2007