Jamie practices in all areas of management-side labor and employment law. She has defended employers in a variety of litigation matters, including breach of contract, whistleblower claims, and public policy violations as well as claims under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and other state and federal laws and regulations.
Jamie also represents employers in charges filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Ohio Civil Rights Commission, other state fair employment agencies, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Department of Transportation, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and in appeals of unemployment compensation determinations.
She also represents employers in all stages of compliance with affirmative action obligations, including assisting with and preparing affirmative action plans, offering advice during audits by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), and negotiating conciliation agreements with OFCCP.
Additionally, Jamie frequently advises clients on issues arising under Title VII, the ADA, the ADEA, the FMLA, the FLSA, OSHA and COBRA compliance, as well as drug testing, handbooks, employee and manager training discipline and terminations. She represents clients in public accommodation cases, including class action litigation, under Title II and III of the ADA involving allegations of inaccessible physical facilities as well as websites and online resources.
Jamie's practice also covers a broad array of ERISA health, life, disability and pension benefit claims, challenges to benefit denials and exclusions from coverage.
Jamie is a regular contributor to the firm’s labor and employment law blog, Employer Law Report, and presenter on labor and employment law topics and updates.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2007)
- The Ohio State University (B.S., summa cum laude, 2003)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Ohio Women's Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, Employee Litigation: Defense
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars Edition, 2012-2013
- Order of the Coif
- Ohio Women’s Bar Foundation Leadership Institute, Class of 2017-2018
- Central Ohio Workforce Investment Corporation (COWIC), Business Solutions Council, past Member
- Leadership Columbus, Class of 2013
- Porter Wright’s Operation Feed Campaign, past Co-Chair