James is a partner in real estate law at Porter Wright and provides counsel to clients for all aspects of real estate transactions, including acquisitions and sales, development, leasing for both landlord and tenant, complex land title diligence and survey examination, land title curative, land use planning and zoning, and preparation of all legal instruments involving land transfer and use.
James is a licensed title agent of Fidelity National Title Insurance Company and serves as title counsel and settlement agent for Heritage Land Abstract LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Porter Wright. Heritage Land Abstract LLC offers clients comprehensive real estate settlement and escrow services and title policy issuance throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
In addition to commercial and residential real estate transaction services, James serves as retained counsel for local and national real estate companies and title insurance groups developing substantial experience handling real estate litigation. He has appeared throughout the Commonwealth’s trial courts and argued before the Superior Court of Pennsylvania.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., 2004)
- Duquesne University (B.A., 2001)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars Edition, 2010-2011, 2013-2019