Jim practices in the areas of employee benefits and commercial transactions. In the employee benefits area, his primary focus is on the design, implementation, administration, amendment and termination of group health plan and other welfare plan benefits. Jim assists clients with health and welfare plans, cafeteria plans, third-party administration agreements, and HIPAA privacy and security rule compliance.
In the commercial transactions area, he has focused upon tax-exempt and taxable bond financing, representing issuers, underwriters, borrowers and trustees in note and bond transactions. Jim has also worked with both lenders and borrowers in matters involving asset-based lending and other commercial loan transactions and financing.
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D., 1985)
- The Pennsylvania State University (B.A., with high distinction, 1981)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- American Bar Association, Section of Business Law, Section of Taxation
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers®, Columbus, Ohio Equipment Finance Law, “Lawyer of the Year,” 2019
- Best Lawyers®, Banking & Finance Law and Equipment Finance Law
- Chambers USA, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation, Ohio
- Grace Brethren Church Nursing Home Ministry