Holly is chair of Porter Wright’s Intellectual Property Practice Group and an active member of the firm’s Biotech and Technology groups. She focuses on all stages of patent application preparation and prosecution, including reissue, reexamination and patent term extension, and on trademark and copyright protection.
She has extensive experience with international PCT and national foreign patent application filings and prosecution, and has engaged in opposition proceedings around the world.
Holly routinely provides inventor and corporate counseling regarding all patent-related issues such as patentability, infringement, validity matters, related litigation and licensing matters. Her technical expertise includes organic and pharmaceutical chemistry, inorganic chemistry, polymer chemistry, biotechnology, medical devices and chemical engineering and processing. Holly is listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, and is recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® and Chambers USA as one of the leading attorneys in Ohio in the area of Intellectual Property Law.
- George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School (J.D., 1984)
- Bucknell University (B.S., 1980)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Virginia State Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section
- Cincinnati Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers®, Cincinnati, Ohio Patent Law "Lawyer of the Year," 2013, 2017
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, Intellectual Property
- Chambers USA, Intellectual Property, Ohio
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Patent Law