Holly, partner-in-charge of Porter Wright’s Washington, D.C. office, chairs the firm’s Intellectual Property Practice Group, and is an active member of the Biotech and Technology Practice Groups. She focuses on all stages of patent application preparation and prosecution, including reissue, reexamination and patent term extension, and on trademark and copyright protection.
Holly has extensive experience with international PCT and national foreign patent application filings and prosecution, and has engaged in opposition proceedings around the world.
Holly routinely provides inventor and corporate counseling regarding all patent-related issues such as patentability, infringement, validity matters, related litigation and licensing matters. Her experience extends to negotiating joint technology development agreements. Holly’s technical expertise includes organic and pharmaceutical chemistry, inorganic chemistry, polymer chemistry, biotechnology, food and nutrition, medical devices and chemical engineering and processing.
She is listed in The Best Lawyers in America® and recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers and Chambers USA as one of the leading attorneys in Ohio in the area of Intellectual Property Law.
- George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School (J.D., 1984)
- Bucknell University (B.S., 1980)
- Chemical Engineering
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Virginia State Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section
- Cincinnati Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section
Honors & Awards
- Chambers USA, Intellectual Property, Ohio
- The Best Lawyers in America®
- The Best Lawyers in America® “Lawyer of the Year,” Patent Law, Cincinnati, Ohio 2013, 2017
- Ohio Super Lawyers