Heather concentrates her practice on creditors’ rights and bankruptcy. Working with creditors, debtors and financial institutions, Heather has built a successful practice by working alongside clients to resolve even the most complex legal matters.
Heather often counsels clients on commercial transactions centered on collections, receiverships, foreclosures, reorganizations, restructurings and workouts. She also provides representation for all facets of bankruptcy cases including bankruptcy litigation.
Heather further helps clients with corporate and real estate transactions. She negotiates and documents commercial loan transactions and drafts credit agreements, cognovits, promissory notes, security agreements and forbearance agreements. Heather also negotiates and documents purchase and sale agreements, mortgages, leases, and subordination and non-attornment agreements.
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law (J.D., 2008)
- University of Dayton (B.A., magna cum laude, 2003)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section, immediate past chair
- Ohio State Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America®, 2019-2020
- Super Lawyers®, Rising Star, 2017-2018
- National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges’ Next Generation Program, 2018
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, 3R program, volunteer
- Turnaround Management Association, Ohio Chapter, member
- Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation, Northeast Ohio Chapter, steering committee member