Frank focuses his practice advising businesses and individuals in a variety of corporate matters including securities compliance, mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions and corporate governance. Frank also serves as counsel to entrepreneurs and emerging businesses regarding a multitude of formation, growth and business operational issues confronting growing companies such as capitalization, fundraising, third-party vendor relationships, contractual agreement review, securities law compliance, regulatory compliance and strategic exits.
Frank has extensive experience advising businesses in the highly regulated commercial cannabis industry. Frank has represented marijuana cultivators, processors, dispensaries and testing laboratories, providing advice on state licensing applications, administrative appeals for adverse licensing decisions, compliance with state licensing programs, access to banking and insurance services, corporate structuring and mergers and acquisitions. Frank has also advised cannabis companies, including hemp cultivation and processing operations, secure investments and capital given the lack of traditional bank funding available in the cannabis industry. Frank also frequently writes and presents on cannabis law topics and the unique issues posed by the industry.
During law school, Frank served as the executive editor of The Ohio State Business Law Journal where he received multiple awards for outstanding leadership. Frank also participated in the Entrepreneurial Business Law Clinic where he advised startups based in Columbus, Ohio.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2016)
- Miami University (B.S., 2013)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Columbus Bar Association, New Lawyer Committee, Barrister Leadership Program planning committee, 2018-present
- Sports Lawyers Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Association for Corporate Growth, Young Professionals Chapter, Planning Committee, 2019-present
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2021
- Ohio State Bar Association Leadership Academy, 2020
- LexBlog Excellence Awards 2019, Best Legal Analysis
- Columbus Bar Association, Barrister Leadership Program, 2018
- The Ohio State Business Law Journal, Award for Outstanding Team Leader, 2016
- The Ohio State Business Law Journal, “Espirit de Corps” Award for Morale and Leadership, 2015
- NextGen James Ambassador Society