Ned co-chairs the Trust, Estate Planning and Personal Wealth Practice Group at Porter Wright and has engaged in the practice of trust and estate law since his graduation from the University of Michigan Law School in 1984. He has handled a wide variety of matters, including complex estate administration and business succession matters.
Ned is particularly versed in the areas of planned charitable giving and in matters related to tax-exempt organizations. He has spent his entire professional career at Porter Wright where he is now a partner.
Ned was named as one of "Five Estate Planners to Know" by Columbus Business First, is listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in the area of Trusts & Estates Law, and is recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers®. Ned is currently teaching a class on Wills, Trusts and Estates as an adjunct professor at The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law.
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 1984)
- Wabash College (A.B., summa cum laude, 1981)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers®
- Best Lawyers®, Trusts & Estates
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Fellow
- Gahanna Jefferson Education Foundation, Chair
- Central Ohio Planned Giving Council, Board Member
- Youth Advocate Services, Inc., President
- Mifflin Presbyterian Church, Clerk of Session