Ned has engaged in the practice of trust and estate law since his graduation from the University of Michigan Law School in 1984. He has handled a wide variety of matters, including complex estate administration and business succession matters.
Ned is particularly versed in the areas of planned charitable giving and in matters related to tax-exempt organizations. He has spent his entire professional career at Porter Wright where he is now a partner.
Ned was named as one of "Five Estate Planners to Know" by Columbus Business First, is listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in the area of Trusts & Estates Law, and is recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers®. Ned is currently teaching a class on Wills, Trusts and Estates as an adjunct professor at The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law.
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 1984)
- Wabash College (A.B., summa cum laude, 1981)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers®
- Best Lawyers®, Trusts & Estates
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Fellow
- Gahanna Jefferson Education Foundation, Chair
- Central Ohio Planned Giving Council, Board Member
- Youth Advocate Services, Inc., President
- Mifflin Presbyterian Church, Clerk of Session