Dixon practices in the area of international law, with a concentration in transactions involving German-speaking clients. He is bilingual in German, including German legal terminology and typically represents German-speaking clients.
Dixon counsels foreign corporations involved in various aspects of establishing or maintaining a presence abroad. Because of his fluency in German, his representation of foreign clients in the U.S. has been broad, including work in commercial litigation, international tax and estate planning, real estate transactions, immigration and other areas. Dixon's representation of U.S. investors abroad has been primarily in the areas of agency and distributorship, joint venture, licensing and international tax planning.
Dixon is named in The Best Lawyers in America® in the area of Corporate Law.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (J.D., 1976)
- Bowling Green State University (M. Ed., 1973)
- Wesleyan University (B.A., 1969)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- American Bar Association, Section of International Law and Practice, Past Liaison and Technology Officer
- The Florida Bar, International Law Certification Committee, Past Chair
- German Bar Association, Extra-ordinary Member (not admitted to practice law in Germany)
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers®, Corporate Law
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent