Diane has represented employers throughout Ohio and nationally, providing a full range of employment law-related services to her clients. She has considerable experience defending employers in litigation matters, including discrimination, wrongful discharge, breach of contract, and employment tort cases.
Additionally, Diane is co-chair of the firm’s Workers’ Compensation Practice Group. She assists Ohio employers in workers’ compensation matters, including claims management and defense, trial and appellate litigation, and audit and assessment issues. Diane is named in The Best Lawyers in America® in the areas of Labor and Employment and Workers’ Compensation Law. She also is recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® in Employment and Labor.
A frequent lecturer on a variety of labor and employment issues, Diane has presented on topics including compliance with ADA, FMLA, and Workers' Compensation laws, employee privacy, sexual harassment prevention and investigation, the legal ins and outs of hiring and firing, cross-examination of expert witnesses, and runaway jury verdicts and how to prevent them.
- The Ohio State University College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1982)
- University of Pittsburgh (B.A., cum laude, 1974)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
- Trial Law Institute, Member
- Diversity Law Institute, Member
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers®, Litigation – Labor and Employment, “Lawyer of the Year,” 2016
- Best Lawyers®, Employment Law – Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment and Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers
- Ohio Super Lawyers®