Devin is a seasoned attorney whose background provides a unique breadth and depth of practical legal experience handling a variety of complex litigation matters for a wide array of clients. He is a retired Marine Corps lieutenant colonel who served more than 21 years on active duty in assignments including prosecutor, defense counsel, trial judge, officer-in-charge of legal services, executive officer, staff judge advocate and professor of law.
Accustomed to confronting difficult challenges and assembling and leading diverse teams of varying abilities, Devin seeks innovative solutions on behalf of his clients. He has initiated, supervised and executed myriad projects at all levels from the local/tactical to the global/strategic. He has formulated, evaluated and implemented legal policies during operations in dynamic and high-stress environments in the United States and abroad. As a result, Devin possesses a refined ability to assess case risk and oversee efficient and productive case resolution.
Devin’s practice includes defending clients in complex product liability and mass tort cases, high-value construction contract disputes, aviation litigation and antitrust challenges to corporate and hospital mergers in multiple forums. He has served as a trusted advisor regularly providing direct advice and counsel on an array of significant legal decisions confronting clients’ senior leadership. Additionally, he has represented clients in complex criminal suits and various high-profile and sensitive government investigations.
Dedicated to advancing access to justice for all, Devin has provided pro bono representation to at-risk and low income veterans in need of legal aid, immigration clients seeking asylum and indigent prisoners filing civil rights claims.
- The Judge Advocate General's Legal Center & School (LL.M., with merit, 2005)
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2000)
- United States Naval Academy (B.S., with distinction, 1993)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Military and Veterans Affairs Committee, Chair; Political Action Committee, Vice-Chair; E-Discovery and Legal Technology Committee
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Aeronautical and Space Law Section, Immediate Past Chair and Section Delegate; Military and Veterans Affairs Committee
Honors & Awards
- Order of the Coif
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA), Trial Advocacy Award
- Bar of the City of New York, Trial Advocacy Award
- Judge Wallace S. Gourley Trial Moot Court Competition, Top Advocate Award
- Murray S. Love Trial Moot Court Competition, Top Advocate Award
- Allegheny County Bar Foundation, Pro Bono Award – Veterans Legal Clinic
- Allegheny County Bar Foundation, Pro Bono Award – Jane F. Hepting Individual Attorney Award
- Neighborhood Legal Services Association, Board Member
- Allegheny County Bar Foundation, Pro Bono Fellow
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation, Steel City Scarlet and Gold Committee
- Hampton High School Boys Lacrosse Boosters, Vice-President
- Team RWB Pittsburgh
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- American Legion Post 548