Deb concentrates her practice in the field of employee benefits and executive compensation, counseling clients in all facets of their employee benefit offerings.
She has experience with the design, implementation, administration, amendment, and termination of qualified retirement and health and welfare employee benefit plans for tax-exempt and for-profit organizations.
She has represented clients before various governmental entities and in various capacities, including obtaining determination letters from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), utilizing various correction mechanisms through the IRS and Department of Labor, assisting through all phases of employee benefit plan audit and resolution, and navigating various filings and investigations with the PBGC.
Deb also has substantial experience assisting clients with the employee benefit aspects of mergers and acquisitions for both public and private companies. In the health and welfare plan area, Deb has assisted clients with compliance and plan design for medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans.
Prior to attending law school, Deb was a compensation and benefits consultant with both a national human resources consulting firm and a regional accounting and benefits consulting firm, specializing in employee health and welfare plans and qualified retirement plans. During law school, Deb served as a judicial extern with the Honorable Thomas J. Moyer, chief justice of the Ohio Supreme Court.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., with honors, 2004)
- Villanova University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1997)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Strong Award for Appellate Advocacy, 2004
- John Maynard Keynes Medal for Excellence in Economics
- Girls on the Run of Franklin County, Board of Directors
- United Way of Central Ohio, Women’s Leadership Council, Young Professionals Group