Dave has been representing employers in a wide variety of employment law matters for more than 30 years. Recently, his practice has been focused on employment discrimination, wrongful discharge and wage-hour litigation and preventive employment law counseling and training.
Over the years, he has successfully defended employers in a broad range of employment law matters; has obtained summary judgment for numerous employers in discrimination/wrongful discharge matters; and has obtained favorable verdicts from judges and juries in cases that have gone to trial.
He has also prevailed in numerous appellate cases in state and federal courts. He has represented a wide variety of employers, including hospitals, manufacturers, a major airline, a university, retailers and service providers. Dave is listed in The Best Lawyers in America® and is recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® and Chambers USA.
- Harvard Law School (J.D., 1980)
- College of William & Mary (B.A., with honors, 1977)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Ohio Management Lawyers’ Association
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, Litigation – Labor & Employment
- Best Lawyers®, Cincinnati, Ohio Labor Law – Management Lawyer of the Year, 2016
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, Employment Litigation: Defense
- Chambers USA, Labor & Employment, Ohio
- Phi Beta Kappa
- United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Cincinnati, Board of Trustees, 1992-2001; President, 1998-2001; Board of Trustees, 2008-2013
- Stepping Stones, Inc., Board Member 2013-2017
- William & Mary Annual Giving Board, Chair 2016-2018, member 2012-present
- Convalescent Hospital for Children, Board Member 2009-present