David focuses his practice on commercial litigation and internal investigations.
In commercial litigation matters, David has broad subject matter litigation experience, having represented clients in matters related to the federal and state False Claims Act, real estate title disputes, construction disputes, patent infringement, product liability and LLC membership, and consumer protection laws. His experience includes representing clients on matters involving government entities, specifically the FBI, FTC, SEC and HHS.
David has conducted numerous and significant internal investigations that have addressed complex fraud, money laundering, healthcare reimbursement claims, workplace compliance and #metoo-related allegations. This includes providing advice on risk mitigation, compliance best practices and investigation readiness.
David has extensive discovery and trial preparation experience including managing large, complex e-discovery matters, and complex document collection and production with an emphasis on cost control and privilege protection.
Additionally, David maintains a robust pro bono practice. He has provided counsel for free speech and civil rights matters as well as represented inmates convicted as juveniles to life-without-parole in their Supreme Court-mandated re-sentencings. David has also represented a significant number of victims of so-called “revenge porn” (nonconsensual pornography) in actions to punish offenders and clear the online record.
- Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2012)
- West Virginia University (M.A., 2007)
- West Virginia University (B.A., 2007)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch, Commercial Litigation, 2021
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®, Rising Star Edition, 2021
- Woolsack Honors Society, Dickinson School of Law of The Pennsylvania State University
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award® in Torts, Civil Procedure, Sales, and Legal Writing