Dave heads the firm’s Tax Practice Group and has extensive experience advising corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and their owners regarding tax-efficient strategies with respect to the formation, operation, acquisition and disposition of businesses. He works extensively with for-profit and not-for-profit entities in creating equity and non-equity based annual and long-term compensation programs and deferred compensation plans. Dave advises for-profit and not-for-profit developers, investors, syndicators and lenders in low-income housing, historical rehabilitation and new markets tax credit projects. Further, Dave advises clients with respect to the tax consequences of the acquisition and disposition of oil and gas interests.
He represents clients at all levels before the Internal Revenue Service and has received numerous favorable and first impression private letter rulings on behalf of his clients.
In addition to lecturing at local and regional seminars on tax, compensation and business succession topics, Dave taught Corporate Tax as an adjunct professor at Capital University Law School. Additionally, he is listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in the area of Tax Law, is recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® and is AV® rated by Martindale-Hubbell®.
- New York University School of Law (LL.M., 1983)
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D., 1981)
- Washington and Lee University (B.A., cum laude, 1978)
- Capital Tax Club, past Chair; past Board Member
- Columbus Bar Association, Business Tax Committee, past Chair
- American Bar Association, Committee on Taxation
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers®, Tax Law
- Ohio Super Lawyers®
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent
- Economic and Community Development Institute (ECDI), Advisory Board, Chairman