Chris focuses his practice on matters pertaining to energy law and related real estate matters. He has extensive knowledge and experience with oil, gas, coal, pipelines, electric transmission, and land use disputes and transactions. In his practice, Chris counsels clients in transactions and litigates disputes involving petroleum products and natural gas pipelines, eminent domain rights, the Ohio Dormant Mineral Act (ODMA), the Marketable Title Act (MTA), lease disputes, mandatory pooling and unitization, royalty disputes, mineral title issues and electric transmission, among other issues.
As a skilled litigator, Chris has represented clients in numerous Ohio and Pennsylvania county, state and federal courts, and before the Ohio Department of Natural Resources in disputes involving a variety of energy and real estate matters, construction disputes, mechanic's lien and creditor’s rights issues.
Chris is also co-editor and frequent contributor to the firm's blog, Energy Law Report.
- University of Akron School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2004)
- John Carroll University (B.S.E., cum laude, 2001)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Oil & Gas Association
- The Florida Bar
Honors & Awards
- Ohio State Bar Association, Best Brief Award “Best Private Briefs,” April 2018
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award® in Antitrust Law
- Legal Aid Society of Columbus, Volunteer, 2016-present
- Pelotonia, Cyclist/Fundraiser, 2012-present
- The Childhood League, 2013-2019
- YWCA Columbus, Volunteer 2012-2013
- United Local Youth Soccer League, Coach, 2007-2010