Christina is a member of the firm’s Health Care and International Business Practice Groups. She focuses her practice on data privacy and security, health care regulatory and transactional matters. Christina advises clients on cyber-security risks and assists in security incident analyses and post-breach response planning.
Christina has significant experience in the negotiation of a broad range of commercial agreements such as IT and software purchases, and she assists clients with their transactional needs. She also frequently advises clients on a broad range of health care regulatory matters such as HIPAA/HITECH, fraud and abuse compliance and clinical integration issues.
A native of Germany, Christina practices fluently in German and English and is admitted to practice in the State of Ohio.
Christina contributes articles about privacy and data security to Porter Wright’s Technology Law Source blog, and her articles have been circulated internationally by legal industry publishers.
- Technical University Dresden, Germany (Ph.D., magna cum laude, 2006)
- German educated attorney with law degree equivalent to American law school (First State Examination, with distinction, 1997; Second State Examination, 1999) Comparative studies at Syddansk Universitet in Odense/Denmark, studies, Technical University Dresden, Germany, research fellow,
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- RAK Sachsen (Germany) (Inactive)
- American Bar Association, Section of International Law Life Science and Health Law Committee, Vice Chair; Section of International Law Employment Committee, Vice Chair; Section of International Law – Privacy, E-Commerce, Data Security Committee, Steering Group
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), Co-Chair
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E)
- Columbus Bar Association, International Law Committee, Past Chair
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers® — Rising Stars Edition, 2014, 2017-2018
- Dresden Sister City, Inc., Board Member
- Columbus Council of World Affairs