Cassandra focuses her practice in estate planning and wealth preservation, probate litigation, emerging business and real estate.
Her estate planning and wealth preservation experience includes assisting clients in the preparation and administration of estate plans and trust agreements. She brings a hands-on approach to families faced with a family member who has diminishing capacity, focusing on preserving their independence to the extent practical while also meeting the individual’s needs and safety. She also counsels clients on contested matters of competency and guardianship proceedings and is practiced litigator of fiduciary litigation, will and trust contests, heirship determination and inheritance disputes.
In the area of emerging business, Cassandra represents small and closely held businesses on a wide range of matters unique to the entrepreneurial community. She often helps clients determine the appropriate organizational structure and foundation for each business. She offers ongoing counsel to keep businesses thriving, including purchase and lease of real estate, contract review, contract disputes and negotiations and other general business issues.
Prior to entering private practice, Cassandra was a staff attorney to the Honorable Gregory F. Singer where she drafted civil and criminal decisions and facilitated status conferences and mediations.
- University of Dayton School of Law (J.D., 2012)
- Purdue University (B.A., 2008)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Dayton Bar Association, Board of Trustees, 2017-2019; Leadership Development Program, Chair, 2015-2019; Young Lawyers Division, Committee Chair, 2011-2017
- Dayton Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Carl D. Kessler Inn of Court, 2012-Present
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars Edition, 2019-2020
- Advocates for Legal Equality/Legal Aid of Western Ohio, Board of Trustees; Access to Justice Awards Celebration, Chairperson, 2019
- Oasis House, Board Member, 2015-Present