Carrie concentrates her practice in complex commercial and employment litigation. She handles cases involving wage and hour disputes, contract litigation, oil and gas rights, environmental and energy litigation, and right to publicity disputes. She has experience with parallel proceedings before state and federal courts and has experience in trial and appellate courts.
Carrie’s experience includes handling discovery and litigation related to employment contracts, right to publicity and intellectual property, including the Lanham Act. She also advocates for clients’ intellectual property rights in take-down notices under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and cease and desist letters. She has experience seeking time-sensitive relief, including preliminary injunctions and expedited discovery in commercial matters. Additionally, Carrie has advised clients on their rights under various statutes, including the Pennsylvania Minimum Wage Act and the Wage Payment and Collection Law. She has successfully tried cases and assisted in trials resulting in favorable verdicts for clients.
In addition to building her litigation practice, Carrie often counsels clients on a pro bono basis. She assists underprivileged children in summary offense hearings before state municipal courts and has represented a prisoner in federal court. Carrie also argued before the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit in a habeas corpus proceeding.
While in law school, Carrie worked as an intern for then-Chief Judge Joy Flowers Conti of the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
When she is not practicing law, Carrie is often concertizing throughout the greater Pittsburgh area. Carrie is an accomplished classical violinist and pianist and a passionate advocate for the arts and arts education. She is also an active member of the Pittsburgh Jewish community and serves on the Board of Directors of SteelTree, an entrepreneurial grant organization that advances the Jewish community.
- Duquesne University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2020)
- Duquesne University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2017)
- Duquesne University (B.M., magna cum laude, 2016)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Honors & Awards
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards® in Civil Procedure and Drafting, Property, Election Law, Professional Responsibility, Core Competencies
- National Energy and Sustainability Moot Court Competition 2019, Octo-Finalist
- Kandy Reidboard Ehrenwerth Award
- The Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council, Lawyers for the Arts, volunteer
- SteelTree, Board of Directors
- Pittsburgh Jazz Orchestra, Board of Directors