Carrie concentrates her practice in complex commercial and employment matters. She handles cases involving environmental and energy litigation, and intellectual property and right to publicity disputes. She has experience with parallel proceedings before state and federal courts.
Carrie assists clients with complex energy and environmental litigation involving zoning compliance in oil and gas developments, municipal law, bankruptcy law, land use and lease disputes. She has worked with clients in opposing agency reconsideration of environmental laws.
Her experience includes handling discovery and litigation related to employment contracts, right to publicity and intellectual property, including the Lanham Act. She also advocates for clients’ intellectual property rights in take-down notices under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and cease and desist letters. She has experience seeking time-sensitive relief, including preliminary injunctions and expedited discovery in commercial matters.
In addition to building her litigation practice, Carrie often counsels clients on a pro bono basis. She assisted in the representation of an individual in a criminal resentencing hearing and provided counsel to an employee in dispute with a former employer involving the ADA and Title VII.
While in law school, Carrie worked as an intern for then-Chief Judge Joy Flowers Conti of the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. She was a member of Duquesne University School of Law’s Moot Court Board and successfully briefed and argued complex environmental, energy and FERC regulatory issues at the West Virginia University Energy and Sustainability Moot Court Competition.
Carrie is an accomplished classical violinist and pianist and a passionate advocate for the arts and arts education. She is also an active member of the Pittsburgh Jewish community and serves on the Board of Directors of SteelTree, an entrepreneurial grant organization that advances the Jewish community.
- Duquesne University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2020)
- Duquesne University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2017)
- Duquesne University (B.M., magna cum laude, 2016)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Honors & Awards
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards® in Civil Procedure and Drafting, Property, Election Law, Professional Responsibility, Core Competencies
- National Energy and Sustainability Moot Court Competition 2019, Octo-Finalist
- Kandy Reidboard Ehrenwerth Award
- The Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council, Lawyers for the Arts, volunteer
- SteelTree, Board of Directors
- Pittsburgh Jazz Orchestra, Board of Directors