Carey is a senior associate on Porter Wright’s Litigation team in Pittsburgh. For 10 years, she has defended mid-size and large companies against claims of strict liability, implied and express warranty, negligence and breach of contract. Most recently, Carey served as co-counsel in the Pennsylvania congressional redistricting litigation before the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and Pennsylvania's Commonwealth and Supreme Courts, in which she was an active contributor in all phases of discovery, expert engagement and examination, briefing and appeals. She devotes a significant portion of her practice to the representation of one of the country's largest homebuilders in multiple areas of its business, including the defense of claims brought in both state and federal courts.
Carey’s appreciation of the federal court system was developed through her federal clerkship for the Honorable Nora Barry Fischer following law school. She also has extensive experience in the trial courts throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Duquesne University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2008)
- Saint Mary’s College (B.A., cum laude, 2005)
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association