For more than a decade, Carey has represented mid-size to large companies in commercial litigation in state and federal trial and appellate courts. Carey’s litigation practice focuses on claims involving contractual disputes, misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of restrictive covenants, warranty claims, real estate title matters, and oil and gas litigation. Her industry experience includes real estate, manufacturing, aviation, construction and energy.
Carey also has a robust election law practice, which includes work at both the state and federal levels. She served as co-counsel in the Pennsylvania congressional redistricting litigation before the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and Pennsylvania's Commonwealth and Supreme Courts, in which she was an active contributor in all phases of discovery, expert engagement and examination, briefing and appeals. She continues to assist in the representation of state and federal candidates and political committees in cases involving a variety of election law disputes.
Carey’s appreciation of the federal court system was developed through her federal clerkship for the Honorable Nora Barry Fischer following law school. She also has extensive experience in the trial courts throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Duquesne University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2008)
- Saint Mary’s College (B.A., cum laude, 2005)
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association