Brodie is a partner in the firm’s Litigation Department, concentrating in antitrust law and complex commercial litigation including contract, trade secret and intellectual property matters.
With trial experience in state and federal court, Brodie brings an ability to advise businesses on effective strategies in the drafting stage of agreements and contracts to help minimize possible litigation.
He has represented industries as diverse as aerospace, hospitality, insurance, food and beverage, and manufacturing, as well as governmental entities. He has presented numerous times on issues relating to business contract litigation and the rules of evidence. Brodie has also represented numerous small and large businesses in products liability matters, including asbestos, as well as personal injury, fair wage, and employment discrimination and wrongful discharge cases. He has represented creditors in foreclosure, bankruptcy and collection actions.
As a member of Starting Strength Coaches' Association, Brodie provides legal guidance on issues covering personal and business liability in the fitness industry. He is also a frequent contributor to the firm’s antitrust podcast blog, Antitrust Law Source.
Prior to joining Porter Wright, Brodie clerked for The Honorable Sara Lioi, U.S. District Judge for the Northern District of Ohio, where he worked on a variety of cases involving commercial litigation, employment, labor, intellectual property and criminal matters.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2008)
- University of Notre Dame (B.S., cum laude, 2005)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Division
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars Edition, 2015-2017
- John M. Adams Constitutional Law Award
- Order of the Coif
- Charles W. Kettlewell Professional Responsibility Award
- Donald S. Teller Memorial Award
- Judge Ernest Karam Award
- Cleveland Bridge Builders, Class of 2015
- Lakewood YMCA Advisory Board, past chairman
- Diversity Center of Northeast Ohio, LeadDIVERSITY Class of 2013
- Starting Strength Coaches' Association
- 3R’s Program, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Notre Dame Club of Cleveland