Brodie is a partner in the firm’s Litigation Department, concentrating in business and commercial litigation including contract, trade secret, asset protection and intellectual property matters.
With significant experience in state and federal court, including in state and federal court appeals, Brodie brings an ability to advise businesses on effective strategies in the drafting stage of agreements and contracts to help minimize possible litigation.
He has represented a diverse group of industries including aerospace, hospitality, insurance, book publishers, athletic facilities, food and beverage, and manufacturing, as well as governmental entities. He has presented numerous times on issues relating to business contract litigation and the rules of evidence. Brodie has also represented numerous small and large businesses in product liability matters, including asbestos, as well as personal injury, fair wage, and employment discrimination and wrongful discharge cases. He has represented creditors in foreclosure, bankruptcy and collection actions.
As a member of Starting Strength Coaches' Association, Brodie provides legal guidance on issues covering personal and business liability in the fitness industry. He is also a frequent contributor to the firm’s antitrust blog, Antitrust Law Source.
Prior to joining Porter Wright, Brodie clerked for The Honorable Sara Lioi, U.S. District Judge for the Northern District of Ohio, where he worked on a variety of cases involving commercial litigation, employment, labor, intellectual property and criminal matters.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2008)
- University of Notre Dame (B.S., cum laude, 2005)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Division
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars Edition, 2015-2020
- John M. Adams Constitutional Law Award
- Order of the Coif
- Charles W. Kettlewell Professional Responsibility Award
- Donald S. Teller Memorial Award
- Judge Ernest Karam Award
- Cleveland Bridge Builders, Class of 2015
- Lakewood YMCA Advisory Board, past chairman
- Diversity Center of Northeast Ohio, LeadDIVERSITY Class of 2013
- Starting Strength Coaches' Association
- 3R’s Program, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Notre Dame Club of Cleveland
- CollegeNow Mentoring Program