As a partner in the firm’s Litigation Department, Brian focuses his practice on transportation law, commercial litigation and the defense of catastrophic injury claims. He Chairs the firm’s Transportation and Logistics Practice Group.
Brian has served as lead counsel in a wide range of complex litigation matters in state and federal courts in numerous jurisdictions. He represents international and domestic carriers, brokers, freight forwarders, third-party logistics providers and shippers in a wide variety of commercial, liability and regulatory matters.
Brian consults with transportation industry clients to help them navigate the ever-changing regulatory landscape and to improve their contracting practices and operating procedures while minimizing regulatory and liability risks. He helps business clients in diverse industries including IT services, precision manufacturing, hospitality, retail and environmental achieve their goals and enforce their legal and contractual rights through litigation, mediation and arbitration. In addition, he defends companies operating in a wide range of industries against individual and class action matters including wrongful death and catastrophic injury claims, Consumer Sales Practices Act claims, Carmack Amendment claims, warranty claims, broker-shipper-carrier disputes and premises owner/operator liability matters.
Brian brings a unique background to Porter Wright’s Crisis Management team. He has years of experience coordinating emergency response protective investigations and crisis management strategies for transportation and industrial incidents.
- Chicago Kent College of Law (J.D., 2006)
- University of Michigan (B.A., 2002)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Tri-State Transportation and Logistics Council
- Columbus Region Logistics Council
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- USLAW Network
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Transportation Law
- Ohio Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars Edition, 2011, 2014-2016
- St. Xavier High School Alumni Association