Brian is a partner in the firm’s Litigation Department where he focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation and transportation law. He chairs the firm’s Transportation and Logistics Practice Group.
Brian has served as lead counsel in a wide range of litigation matters in state and federal courts. He represents clients in a diverse range of industries including real estate, IT services, transportation and logistics, blockchain and cryptocurrency, higher education, construction, retail, hospitality and precision manufacturing. He litigates, mediates and arbitrates commercial disputes involving trade secrets, non-compete enforcement and defense, construction defect claims, mechanic’s liens, zoning disputes, fraud claims, class action claims, statutory violations and premises owner/operator liability. Brian also has extensive experience conducting pre-suit investigations and litigation defense of wrongful death and catastrophic injury claims.
In his transportation practice Brian represents international and domestic carriers, brokers, freight forwarders, third-party logistics providers and shippers in a wide variety of commercial, liability and regulatory matters. He has extensive experience litigating Carmack Amendment claims and related broker-shipper-carrier disputes including those involving trade secrets and other confidential business information. He advises transportation industry clients on licensure, regulatory compliance, contracting practices and operating procedures. He also frequently litigates cargo and liability insurance coverage disputes arising from freight claims and other transportation incidents. Brian is listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in the area of Transportation Law.
Brian also brings a unique background to Porter Wright’s Crisis Management team. He has years of experience coordinating emergency response protective investigations and crisis management strategies for transportation and industrial incidents.
- Chicago Kent College of Law (J.D., 2006)
- University of Michigan (B.A., 2002)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Tri-State Transportation and Logistics Council
- Columbus Region Logistics Council
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- USLAW Network
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers®, Transportation Law
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars Edition, 2011, 2014-2016
- St. Xavier High School Alumni Association