As a partner in the firm’s Litigation Department, Brian focuses his practice on transportation law, commercial litigation, Carmack Amendment litigation and the defense of catastrophic injury claims. He advises trucking companies, third-party logistics providers, towing companies, petroleum marketers, national shippers, environmental consultants, retail establishments and restaurants in liability, business and regulatory matters. He has years of experience planning and coordinating emergency responses and conducting crisis management for industrial and transportation incidents.
He has served as lead counsel in a wide range of matters in state and federal courts including wrongful death, accident and catastrophic injuries, warranty claims, Carmack Amendment claims; professional liability; Consumer Sales Practices Act litigation; broker-shipper-carrier disputes and premises liability matters. Brian also devotes a portion of his practice to Zoning and Land Use law and litigation.
Brian’s experience crosses all facets of litigation – from emergency response to early case assessment to discovery and trial. Brian also works with clients to resolve disputes through alternative methods including mediation and arbitration.
- Chicago Kent College of Law (J.D., 2006)
- University of Michigan (B.A., 2002)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Tri-State Transportation and Logistics Council
- Columbus Region Logistics Council
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- USLAW Network
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Transportation Law
- Ohio Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars Edition, 2011, 2014-2016
- St. Xavier High School Alumni Association