Brian focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation and transportation law. He chairs the firm’s Transportation and Logistics Practice Group.
Brian resolves difficult legal problems for clients in a diverse range of industries including transportation and logistics, healthcare, real estate, higher education, blockchain and cryptocurrency, automotive sales and service, consumer products, construction, retail and precision manufacturing. He litigates and arbitrates commercial disputes involving trade secrets, non-compete and non-solicitation enforcement and defense, real estate litigation including construction disputes, mechanic’s liens and zoning proceedings, and business litigation matters involving fraud, deceptive trade practices, fiduciary duties, statutory claims and negligence claims. Brian also is a member of Porter Wright’s Crisis Management team. He has extensive experience coordinating emergency response protective investigations and litigation defense for wrongful death and catastrophic injury claims arising from transportation and industrial incidents.
Transportation and logistics industry counsel
As chair of the firm’s Transportation and Logistics Practice Group, Brian represents international and domestic motor carriers, brokers, freight forwarders, third-party logistics providers and high-volume shippers. He has extensive experience litigating Carmack Amendment claims, broker-shipper-carrier disputes and insurance coverage issues arising from freight claims and other transportation incidents. He counsels transportation industry clients on licensure, regulatory compliance, contracting practices, operating procedures and agreements. Brian also provides regulatory compliance investigations and consults with motor carriers to facilitate their compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSRs), Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMRs) and Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) regulations.
- Chicago Kent College of Law (J.D., 2006)
- University of Michigan (B.A., with honors, 2002)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Columbus Region Logistics Council
- USLAW Network
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers®
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition
- Cincinnati Bar Association Trial Advocacy Institute, Faculty Instructor on trial techniques, July 2022
- St. Xavier High School Alumni Association