Bide practices in complex commercial litigation, with an emphasis on product liability, business competition, construction, reinsurance and real estate litigation.
Bide’s product liability work includes defending manufacturers in a wide variety of consumer products including batteries, gaskets, values, automotive components, chemicals, pumps and pipes. His work has included toxic tort, catastrophic injury, workplace exposure and negligence claims, as well as asbestos matters in both state and federal court. He has also advised and defended pharmaceutical manufacturers and distributors in a variety of liability contexts.
Bide has experience litigating commercial matters arising out of construction disputes and commercial real estate foreclosures, including commercial evictions, zoning disputes and force majeure. He also works with clients on employee non-compete agreements and general breach of contract claims. He has assisted clients in arbitrating various matters, including matters before the American Arbitration Association, Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services (JAMS) and others.
Prior to joining private practice, Bide interned with the Cook County Public Defender’s Office and clerked for the Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance Foundation.
- University of Illinois College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2015)
- University of Illinois (B.A., 2011)
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America®
- Chicago Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights
- Public Interest Law Initiative, Young Professionals Board and Sponsorship Committee Member
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Metropolitan Chicago, Big Brother
- The Second City – Chicago, improviser/performer