As a senior associate in the firm’s Columbus office, Avi works with the labor and employment department on a variety of matters.
Avi’s trial experience includes representing clients in Title VII discrimination, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) matters. He similarly defends clients before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission from Title VII discrimination, ADEA, ADA, and retaliatory discharge claims. Avi has significant experience both enforcing and defending Restrictive Covenant Agreements, as well as injunctive matters such as Temporary Restraining Orders and Preliminary Injunctions.
Moreover, Avi’s practice includes counseling clients on labor matters such as leaves of absences, overtime claims, potential sexual harassment claims, wage and hour issues, as well as hiring, termination and discipline. Avi reviews draft employee handbooks and policies to ensure compliance with state and federal laws.
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Law (J.D., 2012)
- Brandeis University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2009)
- Practice temporarily authorized pending admission under Gov. Bar R.I, Sec. 19, Ohio
- New York
Honors & Awards
- Washington University in St. Louis, Scholar-in-Law, 2009-2012
- Camp Ramah in Wisconsin, Committee Member, 2017 - Present