Avi works with clients on labor and employment issues across a variety of industries. He provides counseling on matters such as leaves of absences, overtime claims, potential sexual harassment claims, wage and hour issues, as well as hiring, termination and discipline. He also regularly reviews employee handbooks and human resource policies to navigate compliance with state and federal laws.
His trial experience includes representing clients in Title VII discrimination, Family and Medical Leave Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), Fair Labor Standards Act and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) matters. He similarly defends clients before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission from Title VII discrimination, ADEA, ADA and retaliatory discharge claims. Avi has significant experience enforcing and defending restrictive covenant agreements, as well as injunctive matters such as temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions.
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Law (J.D., 2012)
- Brandeis University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2009)
- New York
Honors & Awards
- Washington University in St. Louis, Scholar-in-Law, 2009-2012
- Camp Ramah in Wisconsin, Committee Member, 2017-Present
- Congregation Agudas Achim Rabbinic Search Committee, Co-Chair, 2019-Present
- Hebrew, conversational