Arlene is an associate in Porter Wright’s Litigation Department where her practice focuses primarily on complex commercial litigation.
Prior to joining Porter Wright, Arlene practiced civil litigation based in Dayton, Ohio. Her work included all aspects of civil litigation, including pleadings, discovery and e-discovery, motions practice, trial preparation, and settlement. Additionally, her work included a number of business non-competition and trade secret matters, including motions for and against emergency injunctive relief and a preliminary injunction hearing. In addition to her litigation practice, Arlene prepared the terms and conditions for a sweepstakes and generally assisted with the administration and marketing of the sweepstakes.
Arlene graduated second in her class from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law. While in law school, Arlene served as an extern for Chief Justice Maureen O’Connor of the Supreme Court of Ohio, and as Chief Managing Editor of the Ohio State Journal of Criminal Law. Arlene also clerked for Brian G. Miller Co., LPA, and assisted Brian with a case which resulted in the highest jury verdict in Ohio in 2017.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2017)
- Mansfield University of Pennsylvania (B.A., summa cum laude, 2014)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Dayton Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Women's Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Order of the Coif
- Order of Barristers
- National Finalist and Regional Champion of the 67th Annual National Moot Court Competition (2016-2017)
- Judge Joseph H. Harter Memorial Award for Achievement in Trial Practice (2017)
- Karam Award for Excellence in Legal Writing (2017)
- The Ohio State University Board of Trustees Student Recognition Award (2017)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Civil Procedure, Appellate Advocacy, Trial Practice, Property, Supreme Court Seminar, Criminal Procedure: Investigations, and Sentencing and Punishment Law (2014-2017)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Greater Miami Valley, Associate Board Member (2018)