As an associate in the Litigation Department, Arlene focuses her practice primarily on complex business and corporate litigation involving commercial disputes, competition and antitrust law, class actions, and requests for injunctive relief.
Arlene has experience in all aspects of civil litigation, including initial case assessments, high-volume discovery and e-discovery, complex motions practice, settlement, and trial, including expert witness examination. Her experience in the area of competition and antitrust law has focused on class action and multi-district litigation. Most recently, Arlene served on the team that secured a complete defense verdict in a multi-billion dollar bet-the-company jury trial.
Prior to joining Porter Wright, Arlene practiced civil litigation based in Dayton, Ohio. Her practice included a number of business non-competition and trade secret matters, including motions for and against emergency injunctive relief which deepened her experience with preliminary injunction hearings. In addition to her litigation practice, Arlene prepared the terms and conditions for a sweepstakes and generally assisted with the administration and marketing of the sweepstakes.
Arlene graduated second in her class from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law. While in law school, she served as an extern for Chief Justice Maureen O’Connor of the Supreme Court of Ohio, and as Chief Managing Editor of the Ohio State Journal of Criminal Law. Arlene also clerked for Brian G. Miller Co., LPA, and assisted Brian with a case which resulted in the highest jury verdict in Ohio in 2017.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2017)
- Mansfield University of Pennsylvania (B.A., summa cum laude, 2014)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Columbus Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Women's Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Order of the Coif
- Order of Barristers
- National Finalist and Regional Champion of the 67th Annual National Moot Court Competition, 2016-2017
- Judge Joseph H. Harter Memorial Award for Achievement in Trial Practice, 2017
- Karam Award for Excellence in Legal Writing, 2017
- The Ohio State University Board of Trustees Student Recognition Award, 2017
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Civil Procedure, Appellate Advocacy, Trial Practice, Property, Supreme Court Seminar, Criminal Procedure: Investigations, and Sentencing and Punishment Law, 2014-2017
- Columbus Bar Association, Barrister Leadership Program, 2021
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Greater Miami Valley, Associate Board Member, 2018