Andy is a litigator and trial attorney who crafts creative strategies to help clients navigate complicated business disputes. With nearly 20 years of experience, he excels at utilizing motion practice and pre-trial discovery to position his cases for favorable resolutions. Since 2009, Andy has served as an adjunct professor at the Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, where he teaches Pre-Trial Advocacy. When a case cannot be resolved before trial, Andy stands ready to try the case, having tried numerous cases before judges, juries and arbitrators throughout the country.
His experience extends to representing corporations, partnerships and individuals in a wide range of commercial disputes before trial and appellate courts, administrative agencies and arbitration panels. He has litigated multi-million and billion dollar insurance and reinsurance disputes on behalf of insurers, cedents and reinsurers, and represented plaintiffs and defendants in cases involving claims of antitrust price fixing and monopolization, breach of contract, breach of non-compete agreements, employment discrimination, statutory, common law, and consumer fraud, copyright infringement and breach of fiduciary duty.
He has been recognized for his pro-bono work with the Law Project of the Chicago Coalition for the Homeless and has represented clients in asylum claims, summary suspension hearings, and criminal and civil appears before the Illinois Appellate Court.
- University of Illinois College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2000)
- Miami University (B.A., 1997)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)
- ARIAS-U.S., Law Committee
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP)
Honors & Awards
- Illinois Super Lawyers®, Business litigation
- Illinois Leading Lawyers, Commercial litigation, Insurance coverage and Reinsurance law
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Antitrust law
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent
- Adjunct Professor, Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, 2009 - present
- Chicago Coalition for the Homeless, Member of Board of Directors, 2009 – 2016
- Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation, Member of Board of Directors, 2013 – 2015
- North Shore School District 112, Superintendent’s Citizen Finance and Facilities Committee Member, 2012 – 2014