Andy co-chairs the firm’s Representations and Warranties Insurance Practice Group. He has a broad range of insurance and reinsurance experience involving transactional liability, errors and omissions, cyber, commercial general liability, directors and officers, employment practices liability and commercial property policies. In addition to providing coverage advice, Andy litigates and arbitrates multi-million and billion dollar insurance and reinsurance disputes on behalf of insurers, cedents and reinsurers.
Andy also has extensive experience representing corporations, partnerships and individuals in a wide range of commercial disputes before trial and appellate courts and administrative agencies. He represents plaintiffs and defendants in cases involving claims of antitrust price fixing and monopolization, breach of contract, breach of non-compete agreements, employment discrimination, statutory, common law, and consumer fraud, copyright infringement and breach of fiduciary duty. Andy also represents Special Committees to the Board of Directors of publicly-traded companies in sensitive internal investigations.
Since 2009, Andy has served as an adjunct professor at the Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, where he teaches Pre-Trial Advocacy.
The Law Project of the Chicago Coalition for the Homeless has recognized Andy for his pro-bono work. Andy has represented pro bono clients in homeless shelter accessibility cases, asylum claims, summary suspension hearings, and criminal and civil appeals before the Illinois Appellate Court.
- University of Illinois College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2000)
- Miami University (B.S., 1997)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- ARIAS-U.S., Law Committee
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP)
Honors & Awards
- Illinois Super Lawyers®
- Leading Lawyers, Commercial Litigation and Insurance, Insurance Coverage & Reinsurance Law
- Best Lawyers®, Antitrust Law
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent
- Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, Adjunct Professor, 2009-present
- Chicago Coalition for the Homeless, Board of Directors, 2009-2016
- Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation, Board of Directors, 2013-2015
- North Shore School District 112, Superintendent’s Citizen Finance and Facilities Committee, 2012-2014