Ana is a senior associate in Porter Wright’s Litigation Department concentrating her practice in complex commercial litigation. Ana brings a background in politics and is an active member of the firm’s Government and Regulatory Affairs group. With her Capitol Hill experience, she is able to shed a unique perspective on merging grass roots initiatives with state and federal level advocacy efforts.
Ana’s litigation experience extends beyond complex commercial litigation and includes voting rights, antitrust issues, employment litigation, collection matters, probate litigation and professional malpractice defense. She has successfully defended against a writ of certiorari to the United States Supreme Court. Ana has worked with a variety of industries from privately held companies to public institutions and universities in a variety of litigation contexts.
Prior to joining the firm, Ana served as an intern for the United States House of Representatives and as a paralegal focused in real estate. During law school, she served as a legal intern for the American Civil Liberties Union and for the Federal Public Defender’s Capital Habeas Unit. She was also a research assistant for an employment law professor at The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law. A cum laude graduate, Ana was recipient of the Leadership Scholarship Award, named a Public Service Fellow and served as chief managing editor of the Ohio State Journal of Criminal Law.
Ana serves on the Executive Board for the League of Women Voters of Ohio, is an associate board member of the Dayton Art Institute, and is on the Advisory Board for the Women’s Leadership Collaborative of Greater Dayton.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2013)
- Miami University (B.A., University Honors Program, summa cum laude, 2009)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Dayton Bar Association, Leadership Development Program
- Federal Bar Association
- Leadership Dayton, Class of 2017
- League of Women Voters of Ohio, Executive Board Member
- League of Women Voters of the Greater Dayton Area, Vice President of Programming, 2015-2017; Secretary of the Executive Board, 2014-2015
- Dayton Art Institute, Associate Board Member
- Women’s Leadership Collaborative of Greater Dayton, Advisory Board
- Dayton History (Montgomery County’s official historical organization), Bell Board Member, 2013-2016