Ahmad has defended large and mid-sized companies in a variety of high-stakes disputes, including matters arising out of alleged breaches of purchase-and-sale agreements, license agreements and employment agreements. His experience also includes representing clients in matters involving eminent domain, product liability, insurance recovery, intellectual property and business torts.
Ahmad has appeared in a variety of forums, including federal district courts and federal administrative agencies, as well as in arbitration forums. He has advised clients in matters in Ohio, New York, Michigan, Texas, Florida and Illinois, where he has taken and defended depositions, drafted pre- and post-hearing briefs, and prepared expert and fact witnesses for deposition and trial.
Ahmad also has an extensive appellate practice. He has represented clients before the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, the Supreme Court of Ohio, and Ohio intermediate appellate courts. Ahmad has also argued before the Michigan Supreme Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Ahmad served as a law clerk to Judge Damon J. Keith on the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit in 2015-2016.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D., 2012)
- New York University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2008)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America®
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Lawyers of Color, Hot List, 2014
- Columbus Chamber of Commerce, Elevate Cbus
- Urdu, conversational
- French, conversational