Andy is a partner in the firm’s Columbus office. His practice focuses on representing debtors, creditors, and committees in bankruptcies and bankruptcy-related litigation. Significant cases and accomplishments include:
- Representing the Chapter 7 trustee overseeing five related hedge funds with over $1.5 billion in assets under management. (In re Lancelot Investors Fund, L.P., Bankr. N.D. Ill.)
- Representing a bankrupt auto parts supplier in a section 363 sale of its business. (In re Jernberg Industries, Inc., Bankr. N.D. Ill.)
- Successfully challenging the termination of retiree benefits on behalf of the official committee of retired employees in the Northwest Airlines Corporation bankruptcy. (Bankr. S.D.N.Y.)
- Representing an official committee of equity holders in challenging the confirmation of a bankruptcy plan of reorganization. (In re Integrated Electrical Services, Inc., Bankr. N.D. Tex.)
- Prosecuting and defending numerous fraudulent transfer and preference avoidance actions ranging in size from $10,000 to over $600 million.
- Briefing and arguing before the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals in an appeal from a criminal conviction for bankruptcy fraud and structuring currency transactions.
Prior to joining the firm in January 2010, Andy worked as an associate with a large national Chicago law firm.