Spencer’s practice focuses on complex litigation for a wide range of clients including public utilities, construction firms, manufacturers and financial services companies.
Her work in the energy industry includes successfully defending public utilities in complaint proceedings before the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio, assisting natural gas and electric utilities in ratemaking cases, and advising competitive retail electric service (CRES) and competitive retail natural gas service (CRNGS) providers on regulatory compliance issues. She has also defended utilities against wrongful death and other tort claims.
Her product liability experience extends to managing all liability and subrogation claims for an international manufacturing company, including resolving claims prior to litigation and defending the company in litigation.
Spencer assists clients in enforcing non-compete contracts in FINRA arbitrations and investigating non-compete/non-solicitation claims. She also handles foreclosure complaints for commercial lenders and assists in various collection matters.
She also provides pro bono support to individuals seeking name and gender changes.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2020)
- Olivet Nazarene University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2017)
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Phi Sigma Alpha, Political Science honor society, 2014-2017
- Olivet Nazarene University Alumni Association
- Tenant Advocacy Program, Legal Aid Society of Columbus