Mike is a partner in the firm’s Litigation Department where he is an active member of its Wireless and Telecommunications practice. For more than 23 years, Mike has provided legal guidance to telecommunications companies in connection with issues relating to federal, state and local law, including representation in state regulatory proceedings, and federal district and appellate court cases across the nation.
Mike has more than two decades of experience working with wireline and wireless telecommunications companies on issues relating to structure access, rights-of-way, interconnection, colocation, intercarrier compensation and rate-setting. Mike also represents clients in a wide range of commercial disputes, including antitrust, consumer fraud, breach of contract and warranty, toxic tort, and securities litigation.
- Harvard Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1993)
- Duke University (A.B., summa cum laude, 1990)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- American Bar Association, Section of Public Utility, Communications and Transportation Law
- Cabrini Green Legal Aid, Pro bono Volunteer, 2017 – present
- City of Chicago, Special Service Area #22, Commissioner, 2016 – present; Treasurer, 2018 – present
- Legal Council for Health Justice, formerly AIDS Legal Council of Chicago, Director, 2010-2018; Board Vice President, 2014 – 2016, Board President 2016 - 2018
- Chicago Market, A Community Coop, Director, 2015 – 2017
- About Face Theatre, Director, 2005-2011; Board Secretary 2006 – 2008; Board Vice President 2008 – 2011