Mark counsels clients in a number of industries regarding a range of business concerns. He helps businesses plan for and manage their tax obligations and address tax issues in M&A transactions. In particular, Mark has represented investors and developers in numerous housing and tax credit transactions. His tax work also extends to advising clients as to corporate, partnership and individual tax issues at both the federal and state levels.
Mark works with clients to implement business transactions that allow companies to grow and adapt to changing business conditions. His work in this area includes negotiating purchases and sales of businesses as well as entity selection and formation and general business planning. Mark also counsels health care clients regarding tax structuring and transaction issues.
Mark has considerable experience representing taxpayers regarding state and local tax issues, including sales and use tax, income taxes, nonresident taxation, and property taxes. Further, Mark has advised landowners and lessees in the oil and gas business regarding federal income tax and state and local tax issues.
- Washington and Lee University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2004)
- Denison University (B.S., summa cum laude, 2001)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- American Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers® — Rising Stars Edition, 2009, 2011, 2014-2017
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Ohio Crafts Museum and Ohio-Designer Craftsmen, Treasurer, Trustee
- Denison University Chapter, Class of 2001 Representative