Lev is a partner in the firm’s Corporate and Securities practice group. He focuses his practice on corporate and general business matters involving divestitures, structuring and reorganization, ownership succession planning and other contractual transactions to help companies and business owners exit on their own terms.
As legal counsel for privately held, middle market companies aiming to sell to a third party, Lev advises in reorganization strategies involving corporate restructuring, roll-ups, tax efficiency and general corporate contracts. He counsels international private company clients about inbound domestic transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, transactional tax advice, trademark clearance and prosecution, and brand development.
Lev is also a legal advocate for troubled borrowers and works with distressed business owners to improve their financial and operational viability. He helps financially strapped companies and commercial real estate owners by facilitating corporate restructuring, debt relief, negotiations with lending institutions and creditors, and other workouts.
Lev’s practice focuses on clients in various industries, including:
- Airport operations and management
- Intermodal transportation
- Trucking and logistics, fulfillment
- Various manufacturing and industrial spaces (liquid separation technology, industrial battery arrays, brazing technology)
- Consumer food manufacturing
- Consumer financial services
- Software (consumer)
- Healthcare (physician practices)
Lev is a native English speaker and is also fluent in Ukrainian and conversational Italian.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., 1987)
- Indiana University (B.A., with honors, 1984)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. Tax Court
- Association for Corporate Growth, Cincinnati Chapter
- Tri-State Association for Corporate Renewal, Cincinnati Chapter
- CincyIP, Steering Committee
- Ukrainian-American Bar Association
- Department of Treasury, Internal Revenue Service, Taxpayer Adversary Panel
- CincyBrands, Steering Committee for Biennial Presentation
- University of Cincinnati, Guest Lecturer, Business Law
- European American Chamber of Commerce