Lev focuses his practice on corporate and general business matters involving divestitures, structuring and reorganization, ownership succession planning and other contractual transactions to help companies and business owners exit on their own terms.
Lev has significant experience in business divorces involving shareholders, partners and LLC members seeking to terminate their relationships with their co-owners whether amicably, or through forced buyouts and/or litigation. He represents both selling owners and buyers, and also the companies themselves as corporate counsel in corporate disputes. He has substantial experience in corporate governance and management issues including matters involving advancement of legal fees and indemnification of corporate officers, directors, LLC members, managers and partners.
As legal counsel for privately held, middle-market companies aiming to sell to a third party, Lev advises in reorganization strategies involving corporate restructuring, roll-ups, tax efficiency and corporate contracts. He counsels international private company clients about inbound domestic transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, and provides transactional tax advice.
Lev is also a legal advocate for troubled borrowers and works with distressed business owners to improve their financial and operational viability. He helps financially strapped companies by facilitating corporate restructuring, debt relief, negotiations with lending institutions and creditors, and other workouts.
Lev is a native English speaker and is also fluent in Ukrainian and conversational Italian.
- The Ohio State University College of Law (J.D., 1987)
- Indiana University (B.A., with honors, 1984)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. Tax Court
- Association for Corporate Growth, Cincinnati Chapter
- Tri-State Association for Corporate Renewal, Cincinnati Chapter
- Ukrainian-American Bar Association
- Department of Treasury, Internal Revenue Service, Taxpayer Adversary Panel
- CincyBrands, Steering Committee for Biennial Presentation
- University of Cincinnati, Guest Lecturer, Business Law
- European American Chamber of Commerce